The Illinois FamilyCare program provides comprehensive medical insurance coverage for Illinois parents who have children under the age of 18. FamilyCare also covers relatives who care for children in place of their parents.
Who is Eligible
Parents of children under the age of 18 who live in Illinois and whose income falls below a specified amount
|1||$0 - 1,387|
|2||$0 - 1,868|
|3||$0 - 2,348|
|4||$0 - 2,829|
|5||$0 - 3,310|
|6||$0 - 3,790|
|For each additional person add||
- Parents who are eligible for FamilyCare receive health insurance coverage for doctor visits, specialty medical services, hospital care, emergency services, and prescription drugs.
- There are no premiums for Illinois FamilyCare, and cost-sharing fees are minimized (i.e. $3.90 for a doctor’s visit.)
To Apply For
- Individuals can apply for all Illinois Medicaid programs online.
- Alternately, applications can be accessed online (in Spanish) and submitted to the Department of Human Services (DHS) by mail or in person at a DHS office.
- Individuals can also apply for FamilyCare by calling the All Kids Hotline at 1-866-ALL-KIDS (1-866-255-5437); TTY: 1-877-204-1012.
The Application for Illinois FamilyCare requires:
- Information about household income.
- Information about other sources of health insurance.
- Unless applicant is exempt, Social Security Number (SSN) or proof that the applicant has applied for a SSN.
Links to Important Resources
Learn more about Illinois FamilyCare.