Free Vision Services Available for CPS Students
News (Tuesday, May 1, 2018)
Healthy eyes are critical to a child’s development and success in school. Chicago Public Schools has partnered with healthcare providers to provide free vision exams to CPS students!
Illinois law requires comprehensive eye exams for children entering kindergarten or enrolling for the first time in Illinois schools. These partnerships allow a child to get their vision tested at no out of pocket cost. This is also a great resource for children who receive a vision referral for failing the vision screening at their school. If your child is having trouble seeing, consider making an appointment for an eye exam today!
- Illinois Eye Institute at Princeton (IEI), all ages welcomed
- 5125 S. Princeton Ave | Chicago, IL 60609
- Families can walk in Mon-Fri from 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.
- For afternoon appointments call: (312) 949-7990
- Tropical Optical Locations, for children 5yr and above
- 6141 West Cermak Rd | Cicero, IL 60804
- 3624 West 26th Street | Chicago, IL 60623
- 2250 South 49th Avenue | Cicero, IL 60804
- 3213 West 47th Place | Chicago, IL 60632
- 2767 North Milwaukee Ave | Chicago, IL 60647
- 9137 South Commercial Ave | Chicago, IL 60617
- Families can walk in from 10:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- For additional appointment hours call: (773) 762-5662
If you would like more information on the CPS Vision Program please contact (773) 535-8674