- Public Acts to take Effect on January 1, 2018
- December 5, 2017
- As the new year approaches an array of Public Acts passed by Illinois' 100th General Assembly will take effect. Below is a list of Public Acts taking effect January 1, 2018 that may impact service...…
- Registration is Now Open for Play for All Events at Chicago Children's Museum
- November 20, 2017
- Chicago Children's Museum holds monthly Play for All Events during which children and families with disabilities are invited to enjoy a private hour inside the Museum.
Registration for the winter...…
- Navigating Changes to Illinois' Medicaid Managed Care Plans
- November 6, 2017
- Starting January 2018, Illinois' Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCO) health plans will incorporate all counties statewide and will include a total of 7 different MCO providers within Cook...…
- Open Enrollment is Live
- November 1, 2017
- The Open Enrollment period has begun. The enrollment period for Obamacare 2018 is November 1 until December 15. Please note that this is shorter than past years. Individuals can enroll on...…
- Changes to the Illinois School Code for the 2017-2018 School Year
- October 19, 2017
- Two changes to the Illinois School Code have recently gone into effect, positively impacting home-hospital instruction and ISBE’s required notice of procedural safeguards in special education. Public...…
- It's Time to Start Preparing for Open Enrollment
- October 4, 2017
- While most Illinois children from low-income families receive health insurance through Medicaid and CHIP, many of their parents and family remembers rely on the marketplace to access health...…
- 2017-2018 Child Find Developmental Screening Dates Released
- August 17, 2017
- The Office of Diverse Learner Supports & Services has released its 2017-2018 Child Find Screening Program Schedule. The schedule details the dates and locations of free developmental screenings for...…
- June 23 Early Childhood Day of Action
- June 21, 2017
June 23 – EARLY CHILDHOOD Day of Action – Tell members of Congress to OPPOSE cuts and caps on Medicaid which will harm children’s health and vital Illinois programs and services!
The Senate is...…
- No Kid Hungry | Find Nearby Summer Meals for Children!
- June 2, 2017
The No Kid Hungry Campaign focuses on healthy nutrition for children and teaches families how to cook healthy meals for them. As part of their efforts to connect children to effective nutrition...…
- The 2017-2018 Chicago Early Learning Preschool App is Open!
- May 23, 2017
- The Chicago Early Learning Preschool Application is now open for the 2017 - 2018 school year! Chicago families can apply online to over 600 preschool programs across the city.
- Birth Records free for Homeless, Domestic Violence Victims, Formerly Incarcerated
- April 17, 2017
- The Cook County Board of Commissioners passed legislation that removes fees for birth certificates for homeless residents, domestic violence victims living in shelters, and recently released...…
- Free Lunch at Safe Haven Sites over Spring Break
- April 11, 2017
- During spring break for Chicago Public Schools (April 10-14), select Safe Haven sites are offering free breakfast and lunch for students.
For a map of sites offering free meals, click here.
- State Homeless Prevention Funds Still Available
- March 17, 2017
- The State Homeless Prevention Program provides assistance for rent/mortgages, security deposits, and utilities, as well as approved case management and supportive services for Chicago residents who...…
- Achieving Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act
- February 14, 2017
- The Achieving Better Life Experience Act, or ABLE Act, allows eligible individuals with disabilities and their families to establish tax-exempt savings accounts to hold tax-free funds for qualified...…
- Law requires developmental and social-emotional screenings in child health exams
- February 8, 2017
- The Legal Council for Health Justice child health advocacy team helped shape a new law that adds developmental and social and emotional screenings to child health examinations for all children in...…
- Changes to Vaccines for Children
- November 30, 2016
- Effective October 1, 2016, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) channged the way immunizations are handled for kids covered by the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Because of...…
- Anti-Bullying Resources
- November 21, 2016
- The rise of bullying in schools across the country after the election results have caused fear for many families in Illinois. Furthermore, children with disabilities are at a much greater chance of...…
- Resources for Youth in the Face of Election Results
- November 15, 2016
- There is a great deal of fear and anxiety among youth over the election outcome regarding immigrants, undocumented persons, and the LGBTQ+ population. There have also been reports about bullying and...…
- CPS Preschool Transportation Update
- October 20, 2016
- On September 29, 2016, Chicago Public Schools sent notice to network and school leaders denying transportation to most preschool students (ages 3, 4 and 5) for the 2016-2017 school year....…
- Connect4Tots Enrollment Now Open!
- October 19, 2016
- Connect4Tots is a text-message service for parents and guardians of toddlers ages 1 to 3. By enrolling, parents and guardians will receive 2-3 free text messages per week with information on their...…
of 57 Next