- Update on ISBE investigation into CPS’ special education practices - Actualización Sobre la Investigación de ISBE Sobre las Prácticas de Educación Especial de CPS
- April 24, 2018
- The Inquiry Team released their findings last week and found that CPS has engaged in systemic delay and denial of special education services. At Legal Council for Health Justice, we are thrilled that...…
- Free Beds Available to Qualifying Children Through Ashley Furniture HomeStore Hope to Dream
- April 18, 2018
- Over the past 7 years Ashley Furniture HomeStore has provided 50,000 children in need with bedsets to call their own through its Hope to Dream program. If you serve a child from a low income...…
- Applications Open: Chicago Summer Youth Employment Opportunities
- April 9, 2018
- Applications for youth summer employment programs are now available through the City of Chicago's One Summer Chicago program. These programs are a great opportunity for Chicago youth to gain job...…
- IMPORTANT Additional Community Input Opportunities - CPS Special Education
- February 26, 2018
- The Illinois State Board of Education will be holding two additional community input days as part of a “Public Inquiry” into CPS’s handling of special education concerns.
The inquiry team is...…
- Very Important Special Education News in CPS!
- February 8, 2018
- VERY IMPORTANT SPECIAL EDUCATION NEWS IN CPS!
Re: Stories needed about Chicago students with IEPs/504 plans. -- Deadline February 21, 2018
In response to a coordinated effort by educational...…
- Warming Centers Open
- February 5, 2018
- As cold weather once again hits Northern Illinois warming centers are at the ready. Anyone lacking a warm place to stay can visit one of the locations below. Additionally Seniors can seek shelter in...…
- Public Acts to take Effect on January 1, 2018
- December 5, 2017
- As the new year approaches an array of Public Acts passed by Illinois' 100th General Assembly will take effect. Below is a list of Public Acts taking effect January 1, 2018 that may impact service...…
- Registration is Now Open for Play for All Events at Chicago Children's Museum
- November 20, 2017
- Chicago Children's Museum holds monthly Play for All Events during which children and families with disabilities are invited to enjoy a private hour inside the Museum.
Registration for the winter...…
- Navigating Changes to Illinois' Medicaid Managed Care Plans
- November 6, 2017
- Starting January 2018, Illinois' Medicaid Managed Care Organizations (MCO) health plans will incorporate all counties statewide and will include a total of 7 different MCO providers within Cook...…
- Open Enrollment is Live
- November 1, 2017
- The Open Enrollment period has begun. The enrollment period for Obamacare 2018 is November 1 until December 15. Please note that this is shorter than past years. Individuals can enroll on...…
- Changes to the Illinois School Code for the 2017-2018 School Year
- October 19, 2017
- Two changes to the Illinois School Code have recently gone into effect, positively impacting home-hospital instruction and ISBE’s required notice of procedural safeguards in special education. Public...…
- It's Time to Start Preparing for Open Enrollment
- October 4, 2017
- While most Illinois children from low-income families receive health insurance through Medicaid and CHIP, many of their parents and family remembers rely on the marketplace to access health...…
- 2017-2018 Child Find Developmental Screening Dates Released
- August 17, 2017
- The Office of Diverse Learner Supports & Services has released its 2017-2018 Child Find Screening Program Schedule. The schedule details the dates and locations of free developmental screenings for...…
- June 23 Early Childhood Day of Action
- June 21, 2017
June 23 – EARLY CHILDHOOD Day of Action – Tell members of Congress to OPPOSE cuts and caps on Medicaid which will harm children’s health and vital Illinois programs and services!
The Senate is...…
- No Kid Hungry | Find Nearby Summer Meals for Children!
- June 2, 2017
The No Kid Hungry Campaign focuses on healthy nutrition for children and teaches families how to cook healthy meals for them. As part of their efforts to connect children to effective nutrition...…
- The 2017-2018 Chicago Early Learning Preschool App is Open!
- May 23, 2017
- The Chicago Early Learning Preschool Application is now open for the 2017 - 2018 school year! Chicago families can apply online to over 600 preschool programs across the city.
- Birth Records free for Homeless, Domestic Violence Victims, Formerly Incarcerated
- April 17, 2017
- The Cook County Board of Commissioners passed legislation that removes fees for birth certificates for homeless residents, domestic violence victims living in shelters, and recently released...…
- Free Lunch at Safe Haven Sites over Spring Break
- April 11, 2017
- During spring break for Chicago Public Schools (April 10-14), select Safe Haven sites are offering free breakfast and lunch for students.
For a map of sites offering free meals, click here.
- State Homeless Prevention Funds Still Available
- March 17, 2017
- The State Homeless Prevention Program provides assistance for rent/mortgages, security deposits, and utilities, as well as approved case management and supportive services for Chicago residents who...…
- Achieving Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act
- February 14, 2017
- The Achieving Better Life Experience Act, or ABLE Act, allows eligible individuals with disabilities and their families to establish tax-exempt savings accounts to hold tax-free funds for qualified...…
of 43 Next